Our ESG Vision
The ESG strategy of Haitian International is developed from the Group’s corporate culture and development vision. Staying true to the founding mission, we adhere to the spirit of “Pragmatism, Pioneer, Innovation and Persistence”, with the aspiration of “Serving the Country through Industrial Development”, and takes “Making Equipment for China and for the World” as our mission, putting long-term efforts in creating high-quality and internationally competitive products for our global customers.
Our Board believes that sound ESG framework and strategy contributes to the investment value of the Group and delivers sustainable returns to our shareholders, customers, partners, employees, and other internal and external stakeholders. We established a three-tier ESG governance structure, clarifying management functions and responsibilities at all levels. The Board not only assumes full responsibility for the Group’s ESG-related matters, ESG risk assessment and reporting, but also leads and supervises effective implementation of ESG strategy across the Group in a top-down manner.
In 2022 more than 7,200 engaged employees worldwide generated 12.3 BIO RMB
Multiple ISO certifications
Awarded ‘BB’ ESG Rating from MSCI and Bronze Sustainability Rating from EcoVadis*
Awarded with “Low-Carbon Product Supplier”
Over 36,000 sold machines in 2022. 95% with energy saving and clean technology
We provide apartments with competitive rental or purchasing cost for nearly 6,300 families in our company
The total installed capacity of rooftop photovoltaic (PV) projects has reached 28,898 kW by the end of 2022
The ESG Importance Assessment
Haitian International conducted an ESG materiality assessment to identify ESG issues that are material to the Group’s business operations. By means of interviewing internal and external stakeholders and distributing online questionnaires, we obtained stakeholder ratings on the materiality of ESG issues, and an ESG materiality matrix was developed based on the results of the materiality assessment by senior management of the Group.
The ESG Materiality Matrix shows the results of the assessment of 12 environmental issues, 14 social issues and 5 governance issues.
Our ESG Government Structure
In compliance with relevant requirements of the HKEX, Haitian International responds positively to the expectations of internal and external stakeholders (e.g., customers, investors, employees, etc.), and establishes a top-down three-tier ESG governance structure.
Board of Directors
- Overall oversight and approval of major ESG issues
- Discuss and make decisions on recommendations made by the Committee
ESG Supervision and Executive Committee
- Executive Director Zhang Jianfeng is the Chief of the Committee; the members of the Committee are appointed by the Chief and are the heads of the relevant departments
- Reviewing the company’s ESG strategy, risks and opportunities and material issues
- Provide recommendations to the Board, oversee the implementation of the ESG strategy and coordinate the resources required
- Evaluate the progress and performance of the company’s ESG efforts and improve the effectiveness of the program
ESG Working Group
- Investor Relations, CEO Office, Environmental Protection, Production and Operation Control Centre, H&S, HR, Labour Union, Internal Control (Legal), Procurement, Quality Control/After Sales, Sales, and Technology Centre, etc.
- Support and cooperate with ESG related departments to develop ESG objectives and plans
- Conduct ESG gap analysis and provide feedback to each department
- Review ESG improvement plans developed by each department to ensure compliance with requirements
- Support and cooperate with each department to implement the ESG improvement plan
- Assist the Committee in implementing specific monitoring requirements and assessments
Awards and Honours
Low-Carbon Product Supplier
Excellent in Corporate Social Responsibilities in Ningbo
AAAA Chinese Social Organization (Awarded to Zhejiang Haitian Charity Foundation)
‘BB’ ESG Rating from MSCI*
Bronze Sustainability Rating from EcoVadis*
*In 2023, Haitian International Holdings Limited received an ESG rating of ‘BB’ from MSCI and a bronze sustainability rating from EcoVadis.